Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Things...

 Ok, so to update... I did fall victim to the temptation and preordered the Quest 2... in fact, I must admit, I ordered 2 of them (the intention is that one of them I will keep and the other will either be flipped on eBay or saved to give out as a Christmas gift.) I do envision that come Holiday Season this will be a hard to get item, so might as well bank on that.

Anyway... I just couldn't help myself, after the Facebook Connect announcement, all of the leaks were detemined true, including the price leak... this will be the absolute best value in VR and some of the most impressive technology as well. I will have to sell a bit of my soul with the new Facebook login requirements, but I don't do much on my Facebook anyway, so hopefully it won't be as big an issue as I worry about. Hopefully.

With that said, I am super excited to get my hands on it, which should be in about 2 weeks, a nice, late birthday present to myself. 

Speaking of VR, Sydney is getting better and better at playing, which is mostly Beat Saber and the song, Thunder by Imagine Dragons, which she plays over and over and over, but it is so cute to see her immersed in the world and chopping block after block. I also got her into this big coloring book app, which immerses you into the pages of a coloring book and lets you paint your surroundings. I want to check and see if there's any other good, kid friendly apps I can have her toy around with since she's definitely interested.

In other news... we are 1 day away from October, which means Halloween! Last weekend Jen and the kids went camping, and so while home alone I decided to decorate the house for Halloween... did a pretty good job too, and now I'm definitely feeling in the mood. I have been playing (in VR as well) the Walking Dead: Saints and Sinners, and also re-watching the whole Walking Dead series, so I am getting in the spirit, indeed. Am also planning on picking out some good Halloween/Horror movies, and re-checking my Halloween movie list, will have to update some Family Halloween movies so we can have some spooky movie nights through the month!

That's a good summary of things, I could go deeper, I could go shallower... but I'll just stick with what I put down and leave things at that... peace out ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment